A pregnant mother has suffered second degree burns after falling asleep on top of her iPhone 7.
pic - facebook/ Melanie Tan Pelaez Woman fell asleep with iPhone https://www.facebook.com/melanietanpelaez
Melanie Tan Pelaez had been watching films on her iPhone while she was charging the phone, when she dozed off.
When she woke, she was shocked to see that she’d been left with an imprint of the phone and charger etched into her skin.
She told news.com.au:
“I went to get dressed and realised my arm was very red, so I then went to the GP and they advised me I needed to go straight to the hospital. The hospital did a number of tests and told me the mark was a burn from a foreign object and told me to check around my bed to see what could be the cause of the injury.”
“We matched the markings on my arm to the phone and charger, Apple took my phone and details, but said it couldn’t have been the phone because it didn’t have a distinct smell,”
I then got a call from a member of the executive team who told me they were now handing the matter and had sent the phone to a senior technician in California for testing.”


“Apple seems to think the phone isn’t to blame as it is designed to shut down, but my injury shows this isn’t the case. I’m just lucky because it could have been a lot worse,”
“I just want to create awareness to show people how careful you have to be.”
“I declined the offer for a replacement phone because I don’t trust the device anymore, I just want to raise awareness so people don’t have to suffer the same injury as I did.”
preg
Before the interview she also posted the incident on Facebook to raise awareness..
She wrote:
I recently purchased an #Apple #iPhone7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone whilst it was charging. I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath.
This is a picture of the result of sleeping with my phone whilst charging. PLEASE be careful…
I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it’s really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else.
PLEASE be aware and SHARE.