Mouth Odor which is otherwise known as bad breath, or halitosis, is an unpleasant odor of the mouth. It can occur on occasion, or it can be a chronic condition. It may be caused by foods a person eats, poor oral hygiene, medical conditions, or other factors. It could also be defined as the presence of a foul-smelling odor that seems to come from the mouth cavity. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, in more than 90% of cases, the odor originates in the mouth, throat, and tonsils. Although this is something everyone experiences at one time or another, if your case does not improve after brushing, flossing, and rinsing the mouth with an alcohol free mouthwash, it may be chronic.
Causes Of Mouth Odor
1. FOOD: Food is a primary source of bad odors that come from the mouth. Some foods, such as garlic, onions, spicy foods, exotic spices (such as curry), some cheeses, fish, Meats and acidic beverages such as coffee can leave a lingering smell. Most of the time the odor is for a short while. Other foods may get stuck in the teeth, promoting the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath odor.
2. POOR HYGIENE : When a person does not brush regularly, food particles remaining in the mouth can rot and cause bad odors.
3. HEALTH ISSUES: pneumonia, sore throat and other throat infections, tonsil stones ,thrush, diabetes, acid reflux, lactose intolerance, other stomach problems, and some liver diseases or kidney diseases may be associated with bad breath.
4. MORNING BREATH: Bad breath in the morning is very common. Saliva production nearly stops during sleep, allowing bacteria to grow, causing bad breath or mouth odor. Most people experience foul breath in the morning due to lack of saliva production while they sleep.
5. PREGNANCY: Being pregnant in itself does not cause bad breath, but the nausea and morning sickness common during pregnancy may cause bad breath. In addition, hormonal change, dehydration, and eating different foods due to cravings may also contribute to bad breath during pregnancy.
Like Us on Facebook!
Do You Need a Sugar Mummy, Sugar Daddy, Girlfriend, Boyfriend Wife or Husband? If Yes, Then Click Here For Details